So I had an extra sweet potato lying around when I was making Thanksgiving dinner. It seemed wasteful not to use it, especially for this meal. I had to think quick—I was already harried—roasted? Yes. That would do it. But don’t misunderstand. This is a great side dish to any fall meal, not just Thanksgiving.
Roasted Sweet Potato with Spinach and Thyme
- 1 sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 large sweet potato, coarsely chopped into 1 ½ -2” pieces
- 1 Tbsp. EVOO
- Kosher salt to taste (I used about a tsp.)
- 1 heaping tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- Pinch white pepper
- Pinch freshly grated nutmeg
- A handful of raw baby spinach leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 400.
- In a medium mixing bowl, toss the sweet potato and onion with the EVOO.
- Next, add the dry ingredients, reserving the spinach for later.
- Place the veggies on a baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the veggies from oven and scrape them into a medium casserole dish.
- Stir in the spinach and cover the dish. The heat from the potato and onion will slightly wilt the spinach.
Stay tuned on Lulu’s Cafe for more healthy recipes. Cheers!