A lot of people ask me how I manage to spend so much time in the kitchen when I have such low energy levels. Honestly? I really don’t. I’m probably the world’s laziest cook, and I just love throwing things into a food processor, plating, snapping, and chowing down. One of my favorite go-to dishes is brown rice pasta with this three ingredient pesto. When I’m cooking for myself at home, I want lovely, balanced and subtle flavors that I can create in minutes. I honestly have this dish a few times a week, it’s just so simple, easy and delicious.
For the pesto
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 small avocado
- Handful fresh basil
- Pinch pink Himalayan Salt
- Optional: Squeeze of lemon & fresh garlic
For the pasta
- 1 serving gluten free pasta of choice (I love 100% organic brown rice pasta)
- Pumpkin seeds
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a medium saucepan bring some well-salted water to the boil and cook your pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile place your peas in a small saucepan, cover with water and bring to a rolling boil. This should take a few minutes. Drain the peas.
- Throw your basil, avocado, peas in a food processor. Add a pinch of pink Himalayan salt (to taste) and whizz until smooth and creamy. You may need to scrape down the sides. Sometimes I add a squeeze of fresh lemon.
- Mix pesto with pasta. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and pomegranates. Enjoy.